Thursday, August 19, 2010

HUGE NEWS!!

I apologize in advance for the short nature of this blog, but my news is just too exciting not to share!

I've been searching for an apartment for the last two and a half months, and it's been a challenging road. I was bombarded with scams throughout, many of which made me question the sanity of the scam creators. Who would believe "I have a gorgeous apartment three times the size of most City Centre places, and it can be yours for just 350 Euro a month! All you have to do is wire me a 1000 Euro deposit to my Nigerian bank account. Easy!" Yeah, puh-lease! I may be blonde, but I'm not THAT blonde. No thanks, creeper!

Over a month ago, I thought I had found THE ONE. It wasn't the best location walking-to-school-wise, but it was modern, in my budget, and pretty. I was thinking about putting a deposit down when I started worry about my loans. It looked like they may not come through for the 2010/2011 academic year, so I panicked and pulled out of the apartment. It was in a sought-after student development, so they disappeared quickly and my chance at it was gone.

So, I slogged through more scams. Found another promising one, but it was rented to a girl who could move in immediately. Being overseas was such a daunting barrier!

Finally, one came through that seemed perfect: 15 minutes walk to school, in the heart of City Centre, my own bedroom and half bath, and the sweetest, most amazing roommate. And the BIG news..

I SIGNED A TENANCY AGREEMENT TODAY!!

Which means I've wrapped up all the loose ends. I have a plane ticket, I have a place to live, I have a passport, I am ready to go. All that's left are the details (lots of them, that's for sure). I'm so excited.

I had to share this news :]] I'll post pictures first thing when I get to my new place. Promise!

Hugs,
shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment