Saturday, June 19, 2010

U2

For those of you who are avid U2 fans (such as myself), you'll notice that the URL and title of this blog compose the lyrics to one of their songs (with a slight variation). "Trying to Throw My Arms Around the World." I long since decided that this song was the theme song for my life and, as the years have passed, I have realized that it couldn't be more true. And, since this blog is mainly about my impending postgraduate adventure in Dublin, Ireland, it seemed fitting that U2 be the inspiration for its title, no?

So, welcome to this little blog about a "small town girl taking on the world." That sounds a little much, but that's the title the authors of the 2010 Colorado State University Outstanding Graduates profiles gave me. I suppose, in a way, it's pretty accurate. If you had asked pony-loving 8-year-old me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I'd have told you (in no uncertain terms, of course) that I was going to be a veterinarian. Now, when I still get that question (come on folks, isn't 21 years old pretty "grown up" these days?), the answer is entirely different. I want to do marketing or PR on an international scale. Give me a company with a tight-knit team I can problem solve with, a fun and relaxed atmosphere, and the opportunity to travel the world (and I mean travel the whole world), and I'll be a happy girl. How times change!

Anywho, I'm going to Ireland for who knows how long to study International Management at Trinity College in Dublin. I leave in September of 2010, and my programme (to use the European spelling) ends in December of 2011. I have no clue yet if I'll hop a plane for home then or several years later. It just depends on how this adventure goes!

I know my last attempt at a blog only lasted a few weeks, but I'm planning on being a little more faithful to this one. I want to stay connected to all of my amazing family back home as much as possible and, as much as Mom may want it to be, Skype-ing 24/7 isn't my idea of fun ;]]

No comments:

Post a Comment